What does Dingleberry mean? Are you searching for the definition and how to use this online slang word? Learn this internet slang term with ESL picture and conversation examples to enlarge your vocabulary in English.
What Does Dingleberry Mean?
A funny word that when used in urban language, literally means a piece of fecal matter left behind on someone’s butt. Slang usage has taken that gross excrement leftover matter and made a comical adage. However, for those who prefer a different meaning, another is popular. The term also stands for a person who happens to be a pain in the posterior area.
Origin of Dingleberry
The beginning of people using the term ‘dingleberry’ for pieces of crap left behind seems to have been in the 1920s. While the true origin is not completely clear, it may have been related to the word dingleberry, meaning a small fruit like a cranberry.
Ways you will find this slang term used.
- Sister: Hey did you see where my shoes went?
- Brother: I don’t know.
- Sister: Did you move them?
- Brother: No, trust me.
- Sister: I don’t trust you, serious where are they?
- Brother: I bet they walked away, you know as shoes do.
- Sister: You stupid little dingleberry where are my shoes!?
A brother bothering his sister will definitely get called ‘dingleberry’ at least once in his life.
- Texter 1: Did you read the class newsletter?
- Texter 2: Yeah, omg that part about the swim team.
- Texter 1: I know that photo was awful!
- Texter 2: They look like such dingleberries.
Classmates discussing a class photo of their swim team in a school newsletter and how funny they looked. Saying they look like ‘dingleberries’ because they look so goofy and funny.
- omg – Oh My God or Oh My Gosh
- Girl: Isn’t he the sweetest little thing.
- Guy: I think its kinda dumb.
- Girl: Don’t say that he is just a puppy.
- Guy: Look at the little dingleberry, he doesn’t even know how to pick the ball up.
Here you have a guy and girl talking about a cute little puppy who is acting a little silly and doesn’t know how to pick a ball up, or simply the ball is too large for the tiny puppy.