Are you searching for positive words that start with U? Positive words are a great way to encourage positivity in yourself and in those around you! Making an intentional choice to use positive words can change your outlook and can help you make a positive impact on the people you interact with. This can include interactions with a teacher, a boss, a parent, or a friend. All of our interactions are impacted by our use of positive words to at least a degree.
Understanding which positive words to use and when can be tricky, but we’re here to help! This list of positive words that start with U is sorted into sections according to what part of speech each word is included in, and each section is alphabetized. Further, each word includes a definition and either some context or an explanation for how the word can be used in a positive manner.
Positive Words that Start with U
List of Positive Words that Start with U
Positive Adjectives that Start with U
Adjectives are words that describe or modify nouns, which are people, places, and things. Positive adjectives help make your sentences feel more positive.
- Meaning: The most of something. Usually the best, most successful, or otherwise most positive.
- Example: The ultimate decision lies with the parents.
- Meaning: Without condition or limit. Often used for things like love.
- Example: There have been calls for his immediate and unconditional release.
- Meaning: Being so good that nothing else is quite as good.
- Example: He faced his enemy with unequaled courage.
- Meaning: Without any doubt, hesitation, or possible argument; with all certainty and authority.
- Example: The Prime Minister, he said, had the party’s unequivocal support.
- Meaning: Without error, generally regarding a literal or figurative path to one’s goal.
- Example: She has an unerring instinct for people’s weak spots.
- Meaning: Happy, positive, and energetic.
- Example: The presentation ended on an upbeat note.
- Meaning: Someone who represents the moral ideals of a society.
- Example: In front of his house are two upstanding trees.
- Meaning: Helpful, handy, able to be used for something.
- Example: The experiments serve no useful purpose.
Positive Verbs that Start with U
Verbs are action words. They tell what’s being done in a sentence, or the state of things that have already been done. Positive verbs mean your sentence is really doing something positive!
- Meaning: To remove deceit and obfuscation to reveal something.
- Example: The government reiterated its resolve to uncover the truth.
- Meaning: To emphasize an important point.
- Example: The arrow comes in later to underscore the point: Our future looks good!
- Meaning: To comprehend what someone is telling you or what they need.
- Example: I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.
- Meaning: To bring together.
- Example: The nations of western Europe decided to unite.
- Meaning: To make it so something can be opened that was previously restricted.
- Example: She planned to unlock the store at 8.00 sharp this morning.
- Meaning: Figuratively, to disconnect from electronics and communication for the purposes of relaxing or destressing.
- Example: Did you remember to unplug the kettle?
- Meaning: To make something a little more current.
- Example: We do not have the resources to update our computer software.
- Meaning: To make someone or something a bit happier.
- Example: Art was created to uplift the mind and the spirit.
Positive Nouns that Start with U
Nouns are words used for people, places, and things. If you use positive nouns, then you’re sure to have a positive subject!
- Meaning: An item that protects people from the sun or rain.
- Example: She absent-mindedly left her umbrella on the bus.
- Meaning: Sympathy, empathy, and other kindness regarding someone’s situation. Also, a mutual agreement or unofficial truce.
- Example: Our understanding of cancer remains imperfect.
- Meaning: A way of dressing that indicates inclusion in a school, job, etc.
- Example: The uniform was trimmed with gold braid.
- Meaning: Being unlike any other.
- Example: To establish the uniqueness of this decomposition we proceed as follows.
- Meaning: A group of people who work together as one.
- Example: The basic unit of society is the family.
- Meaning: An improvement over previous versions.
- Example: The upgrade to version 5.0 costs $395.
- Meaning: The silver lining, or the happy thing about something troubling or challenging.
- Example: The upside of the whole thing is that we got a free trip to Jamaica.
- Meaning: A perfect world where everyone is happy.
- Example: We weren’t out to design a contemporary utopia.
Ultimately, it’s up to you how you use this list of positive words that start with U. Hopefully it helped! Refer to this list as often as you’d like.
I looooooooooooooooooove it