Summer Words! List of summer vocabulary words with pictures and examples. Summer time is a time of the year when a lot of people go on holiday or spend time doing their favourite outdoor hobbies. For this reason and many more, it can be very useful to have a good variety of English words in your vocabulary which enable you to talk about summer time. These types of words can also help you to talk about summer holidays such as Independence day.
As well as this, knowing these words can really assist you when listening to other speakers or when reading English written works.
Summer is the hottest of the four temperate seasons, falling after spring and before autumn.
List of Summer Vocabulary Words
- Beach ball
- Sand toy
- Coconut palm
- Deck chair
- Beach towel
- Beach vendor
- Swim trunks
- Beach umbrella
- Flip flops
- Sun cream
- Ice cream
- Swimming pool
Summer Words with Pictures and Examples
Learn these summer words to improve and enlarge your vocabulary in English.
– The sun glinted on the windows.
– All you needed was a big beach ball and two other friends to play.
– The children is playing with sand toys.
– I stood leaning against the tall coconut palm tree.
– We went for a walk along the beach at twilight.
– Where can I rent a deck chair?
– The kids had a ball building sandcastles.
– I have a beach towel. That’s big enough.
– He bought a glass of orange juice from a beach vendor.
– Ella would be interesting to photograph in a bikini.
– He was wearing swim trunks.
– They were frequent visitors to the beach.
– She was fast asleep under a big beach umbrella.
– I bought a coconut in the market.
– My swimming goggles keep steaming up so I can’t see.
– I have a pair of flip flops.
– She wore a black swimsuit with a straw hat.
– Let’s swim out to the float.
– Her sunglasses were perched on her head.
– A good sun cream will help prevent sunburn.
– She can swim two lengths of the pool.
– I wanted to get a new swimsuit, but the store didn’t have any in yet.
– I’m going to buy a surfboard and learn to surf.
– We crossed the lake by canoe.
– After a week of camping, I really needed a bath.
– Eat at pleasure, drink with measure.
– Ice cream is popular among children.
– The students often picnic at the park.
– The swimming pool is drained and cleaned every winter.
– Let patience grow in your garden always.
– It’s better to travel hopefully than to arrive.
Summer Vocabulary Words | Summer Words Images
Summer Words: Summer Vocabulary Image 1
Summer Words: Summer Vocabulary Image 2
Holidays and Special Events
Useful list of holidays and special events in English.
- New year words with pictures.
- Christmas words in English.
- Easter words with images.
- Halloween words in English.
- Birthday vocabulary words with pictures.
- Wedding words and marriage vocabulary.
- Summer words in English.
- Valentine words in English.
summer is the best one but is so hot i really fresh water and cold water
pretty hot right?
i love summer a bit but you know summer is very fun and very hot either
so uhmm so summer is pretty hot i guess :/