Cleaning Supplies! Learn useful list of house cleaning tools and products with examples and pictures to enlarge your vocabulary words in English. Whether you are living in a home with English speaking people and need to decide who is going to do the household chores or whether you are at work and need to ask for a particular cleaning supply, knowing the English names of cleaning supplies will greatly benefit you. This can also be very handy vocabulary when you are out shopping, for example if you need to ask a store assistant for a certain product or item.
You are now going to learn the correct English names of a variety of cleaning supplies so that you can be confident when talking about them as well as being able to recognise their names in conversation.
Cleaning Supplies List
- Dish towel
- Ironing board
- Scrub brush
- Laundry soap/ Laundry detergent
- Liquid soap
- Rubber gloves
- Trash can
- Squeegee mop
- Laundry basket
- Washing machine
House Cleaning Vocabulary with Pictures and Examples
There are many house cleaning and laundry items around the house, such as liquid soap, rubber gloves, trash can, …
– Drain potato sticks and lay out on dish towels to dry.
– The iron was too hot and he scorched the shirt.
– She stood at the ironing board running the iron over her uniform blouse.
– Scrub the floor with a scrub brush.
– There were waiters with tray and starched cloth.
– This sponge doesn’t soak up water very well.
Laundry soap/ Laundry detergent
– I ran to the store to buy laundry detergent.
– They used bleach to kill any germs in the sink and drain.
– The wool must be clean. Leave it overnight in water and liquid soap.
– I need a pair of rubber gloves to clean my house.
– The trash can overflowed with beer bottles.
– She is sweeping with a broom.
– I’ve just broken a cup – have you got a dustpan and brush?
– The old man wiped the floor with a mop.
– The cleaner put down his squeegee mop and sat down.
– He washed the car down with a hose.
– I filled the bucket with water.
– Pick up your socks and put them in the laundry basket.
– When our washing machine broke, our neighbours let us use theirs.
House Cleaning & Laundry Vocabulary | Image
Tools and Equipment Vocabulary
List of tools & equipment classified by different categories.
Household items list:
- List of kitchen utensils and kitchen tools with pictures.
- Household tools, devices and equipment in English.
- Household appliances vocabulary words list.
- Household cleaning supplies in English.
Other tools, devices, appliances and equipment:
- List of tech gadgets in English.
- Laboratory equipment with pictures.
- List of musical instruments in English.
- Photography vocabulary words list.
- List of stationery items and office supplies in English.
- List of tools with pictures.
- Gardening tools vocabulary words list.
It’s really awesome and easy to learn English if it’s taught this way. Thanks for your effort to teach common public
Wow it’s interesting ?
Wow, it’s interesting!!