Types of Vehicles! List of vehicles in English with images and examples. You are often going to find that the different types of vehicles come up during a conversation as well as being frequently used in written works and in movies and TV. For this reason, it is very important that you are able to understand and effectively communicate the names of the various types of vehicles. This is also handy when talking about getting around or asking simple questions such as ‘from where can I catch a bus?’
In this section, you will have the opportunity to learn the names of various types of vehicle.
Types of Vehicles
A vehicle is a mobile machine that transports people or cargo. Typical vehicles include wagons, bicycles, motor vehicles, cars, railed vehicles, watercraft, aircraft and spacecraft.
List of Vehicles
- Police car
- Baby carriage (US)/ Pram (UK)
- Mountain bike
- Fire engine
- Recycling truck
- Cement mixer
- Dump truck
- Aerial tramway
- Tram (UK)/ Streetcar (US)
Vehicle Names with Pictures and Examples
Learn these vehicle names to enhance your transportation vocabulary in English.
– Bob uses the van for picking up groceries.
– Do you know where I can get a taxi?
– A police car was parked in front of the house.
– I could not find a seat on the bus.
– The injured were rushed to hospital in an ambulance.
– One time I had a skateboard, but it wasn’t very fast.
Baby carriage (US)/ Pram (UK)
– Where did you buy the baby carriage?
– My bicycle had a puncture and needed patching up.
– Lizzie bought herself a mountain bike.
– Riding a motorcycle is safer than riding a scooter.
Types of Vehicles with Names and Pictures
– He wheeled his motorcycle into the street.
– The firemen reeled out the hoses from their fire engine.
– The crane lifted the heavy stone from the ground.
– He said he drove a forklift to move the blocks around.
– You must oil the tractor every day.
– He can’t drive this recycling truck.
– A cement mixer agitates the cement until it is ready to pour.
– One big dump truck scrolling down the road.
– The subway is a public conveyance.
– An aerial tramway relies on wire rope to support and move cargo overhead.
– He was rushed to the hospital by helicopter.
– The government has just bought a new airplane.
– He let the air out of the balloon.
Tram (UK)/ Streetcar (US)
– They sat together on the rattling tram.
– The Queen arrived in a horse-drawn carriage.
– He uses a rowboat to go fishing on the lake.
– The boat should be operational by this afternoon.
– Yesterday I retrieved the bag I left in the train.
Types of Vehicles with Names | Image
List of Vehicles Video
Learn different types of vehicles video with American English pronunciation.
List of transportation and vehicles vocabulary words in English with different categories.
- Types of vehicles in English with pictures.
- Bicycle parts vocabulary words illustrated with images.
- Car parts vocabulary words with picture.
- Types of ships and boats: ship names and boat names in English.
- Types of trucks in English.
- Aircraft parts in English with pictures.
- Motorcycle parts in English.
- Road signs names in the UK with pictures.
Wow this is nice
Thank you so much for sharing about cars. keep it up and update more information.