Athletic Shoes! Learn different types of sport shoes, running shoes, sneakers… with pictures and examples to improve and enhance your shoes vocabulary in English. If you are an avid exerciser, you might find yourself in the situation of needing a new pair of athletic shoes. However, there are more than one types, there are shoes for running, soccer and much more. In this section, you will learn the names of the various types of athletic shoes in English. This is a great way to add more words to your vocabulary as well as giving you the upper hand in sounding more native.
List of Sport Shoes
- Chuck Taylor
- Golf shoes
- Hiking boots
- Running shoes
- Climbing shoes
- Soccer shoes
- Sneakers (U.S)/ Trainers (U.K)
- Old skool
- Basketball shoes
Types of Athletic Shoes with Pictures
Athletic shoes are specifically designed to be worn for participating in various sports. Since friction between the foot and the ground is an important force in most sports, modern athletic shoes are designed to maximize this force, and materials, such as rubber, are used.
– He took his Chuck Taylor and socks off.
– I like this pair of golf shoes.
– My hiking boots are too big.
– I can’t go out without any high-tops.
– Good running shoes should provide a cushion when running.
– These climbing shoes are much too small for me.
– Mother bought him a pair of soccer shoes.
Sneakers (U.S)/ Trainers (U.K)
– He wore old jeans and a pair of sneakers.
– Could I try these old skool in a bigger size?
– I must whiten my basketball shoes.
– They were too poor to buy ice-skates for the kids.
Athletic Shoes Vocabulary | Picture
Sport Shoes Video
Types of Shoes
Learn different types of shoes in English
- List of shoe names with pictures.
- Types of heels in English.
- Types of boots with pictures.
- Athletic shoes vocabulary in English.
This is not made by a native english speaker. This is not proper english.