You may have seen the internet slang term ELE being used during an online conversation, but what does this slang term mean? We are going to take a look at the meaning behind this term as well as looking at where its origins lie. We will be looking at some examples of conversations in which the slang term appears in order to better understand its use.
What Does ELE Mean?
The meaning of the internet slang term ELE is “everybody love everybody” and is used to tell people to be kind and courteous to one another.
Origin of ELE
The origin of the internet slang term ELE simply lies within its lettering, the slang term ELE is an acronym of the term to which it refers.
There is another, less frequently used meaning of the internet slang term ELE, this is an extinction-level event, referring to something so catastrophic that it would cause the extinction of life on earth.
There may be a huge variety of conversations in which the internet slang term ELE might appear. We are now going to look at some examples of conversations in which you may see the term enabling us to grasp a better understanding of its function.
The first conversation refers to the slang term meaning everybody love everybody and is taking place on a comment thread from Twitter.
- Person 1: “God, why do you have such a stupid opinion?!”
- Person 2: “You really need to get a grip, you’re so wrong”
- Person 3: “Hey ELE, we’re all entitled to our own thoughts on the subject.”
The next is a conversation which is taking place over a messaging service between two friends who like to come up with conspiracy theories.
- Person 1: “I definitely think that the government is covering up a huge nuke.”
- Person 2: “Can you imagine the damage?”
- Person 1: “I know, it would be a complete ELE.”
Other Ways to Say the Slang
There may be other ways in which to express the meaning of the internet slang term ELE, we are now going to take a look at some other things you could say which carry the same meaning.
- peace and love between us all (meaning everybody love everybody.)
- end of the world event (meaning extinction-level event.)
Good article. Well explanatory