The acronym “BWL” is used online and in text conversations as a replacement for a more popular term that everyone is familiar with. However, it is still not as widely used as a typical response. Below you will unearth the meaning of this term, information about its origin, and some different meanings. You will also read through some example conversations to help you better understand the meaning. Finally, you will see some synonyms that can also be used in place of this term.
What Does BML Mean?
This slang term is used as an acronym and refers to the phrase “bursting with laughter.” It is used as an alternative way to say LOL (laughing out loud) or LMAO (laughing my ass off).
Origin of BWL
There are no specific details available concerning when or where this phrase was first used.
In a similar fashion of nearly every other acronym, this one can stand for many more phrases as well. Some other things that this term can represent are “Body Weight Loss,” “Broadband Wireless Loop,” “Biological Warfare Laboratory,” “Beer Wine and Liquor,” and “Broadband and Wireless.” There are others also but simply too many to enter them all here.
A discussion via text message between two friends.
- Friend 1: OMG! I am BWL!
- Friend 2: Why!?
- Friend 1: I was watching America’s Funniest Home Videos and there was a baby tasting a lemon for the first time. The Faces he made were hilarious!
- Friend 2: LOL!
An online conversation between two Facebook users.
- User 1: What does BWL mean? I saw it as a response to someone yesterday and it’s a new one I have never seen before.
- User 2: It’s just another way of saying LOL It means something is funny and it stands for bursting with laughter.
- User 1: Oh, okay! I was like why would someone say bowl in response to what was going on. I was so confused LOL!
Other Ways to Say “BWL”
There are a few synonyms that you could use in place of this acronym and the phrase that it represents. Some other expressions you could use include LOL, LMAO, ROFLMAO, etc.
“BWL” synonyms list:
- I burst out laughing.
- ROFL (Rolling on the floor laughing).
- It made me laugh.
- It was amusing.
- It was comical.
- It was humorous.
- It was priceless.
- LMBO (laughing my butt off).
- I couldn’t stop laughing.
- LML (laughing mad aloud).
- It cracks me up.
- LMAO (Laughing my ass off).
- LMFAO (A more obscene form of LMAO).
- It had me dying of laughter.
- It was side-splitting.
- It’s funny how.
- It’s hilarious.